My oh my do we love making these! They are quickly becoming one of our signature Friday dishes and this week they were such a great complement to our gypsy soup chocked full of garden produce.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.