(makes 6 servings)
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide old fashioned pasta
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a bowl, toss squash, zucchini, carrot, red bell pepper, tomatoes, with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper. Sauté vegetables until tender.
Add sautéed vegetables to cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh herbs and finely grated cheese.